Person noting down things on a clipboard

Nurses And Caregivers


  • Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
  • Midwifery Diploma (With a minimum of 1 year experience in the nursing or caregiving field within the past 5 years and a Certificate of employment as proof)
  • Any certificate related to nursing such as caregiver, assistant nurse, elderly care, special needs care, or healthcare in general.

Other Requirements:

  • Applicant needs to be 18 years or older
  • Knowledge of English so that you can manage the Finnish language studies which are done in English
  • Valid passport (needed for the residence permit application)
  • No criminal history

Document requirements for certificate holders:

  • One of the following:
    • Certificate with at least 700 hours of studies if you have no working experience unless the certificate is older than 5 years in which case 1 year of experience in the field is required with certificate(s) of employment as proof.
    • At least 500 hours of studies if you have 1 year of relevant working experience within the last 5 years with certificate(s) of employment as proof.
    • At least 300 hours of studies if you have 5 years of relevant working experience in the last 10 years with certificate(s) of employment as proof.
  • Transcript of records that states the number of hours of study included in the certificate alternatively the hours can be stated on the certificate.
  • Certificate of employment incase certificate is less than 700 hours or is older than 5 years.
    • Certificate of employment can be substituted with work contract and most recent pay slip to prove your employment.

Document requirements for BSN holders:

  • Diploma
  • Official transcript of records
  • NO experience required
  • NO license required
  • NO certificate of employment required (COE)

Work experience that does not count towards relevant work experience:

  • Domestic helper
  • Dental nurse
  • Housekeeper
  • Nanny
  • Nursing Officer
  • Laboratory worker
  • Ambulance driver
  • Midwife